At Fish Eagle Bay
- First thing, have a swim in the Lake! White sand, Clean Water, bilharzia free.
- Enjoy an icecold Carlsberg (a local favorite), or anything else on offer at the Sunset Bar.
- Kayaks available for rent.
- Motorised boats and Catamarans available for experienced skippers.
- Learn to play Bao, the Malawian game played with marbles or seeds on hand carved boards.
- Explore the surrounding village with a guide.
- Walk along the beach and enjoy the sunrise or sunset.
- Ask some of the local fishermen to show you where to fish.
- Soccer balls available for a game on the beach.
- We are famous for our fresh fish from the Lake for lunch and dinner.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner available. Snacks are also available throughout the day.
Nearby Places of Interest:
Fishing Village, Sani Hill, traditional dances, Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve, Fish Market, Mua Mission, Livingstone Tree in Nkhotakota, Historical Slave Trade places of interest, Hot Spring.
- River rafting down the Bua river can be arranged with Tongole, but this will require 48 hours advance booking.
- Wilderness walks with an armed guide from Chipata mountain down to Tongole, depending on level of fitness, tailor made to suit you. Once again advance warning is required to arrange this with Tongole.
- Fly fishing in the Bua river or Chia Lagoon for Mpasa (Lake salmon), but please bring your own equipment. Catch and release only.
- Ask some of the local fishermen to show you where to catch fish, they will be delighted to show you.
- Visit Nkhotakota and meet some of the interesting locals, or communicate with your family at the Internet Cafe. Nkhotakota has a very interesting market where you can buy anything - clothing, fish, vegetables, rice and cellphone batteries to name a few. The market is said to be one of the oldest and most interesting in Malawi.
- See the beautiful Anglican Church in Nkhotakota, and you may even choose to attend one of their Sunday services. Services are held in Chichewa, the local language, but it is uplifting to experience the warmth and enthusiasm of the congregation. There are also other churches to attend, and at least one that holds services in English.
- Malawi offers many wonderful places and reserves to visit. It borders Zambia, Tanzania and Mozambique, and the people of Malawi is one of the drawing cards of Malawi.
- Malawi is called The Warm Heart of Africa for a good reason!!